Dark Slope Studios is seeking a Model and Texture Artist to work on an exciting new 3D animated kids’ series, in addition to upcoming television and game properties in development across the company.
The ideal candidate has previous 3D art experience specializing in modelling and texturing, shown in a portfolio shared with their application.
This is a contract position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Create 3D models and textures for the series/game including environments, characters and props that are suitable for use in Unreal engine
- Identify problems in 3D Designs and provide well thought out solutions
- Verify the technical requirements of the 3D assets and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Work within the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications for the show/game
- Test 3D assets by importing and previewing in the Unreal game engine
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- 1-3+ years experience working as a 3D artist
- Intermediate experience in:
- Substance Painter
- A portfolio of relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to work effectively in a team environment
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Ontario
Useful Skills & Experience
- 1+ years experience working with a game engine, bonus if experience using Unreal Engine
- Rigging/Skin weighting/Blendshape/IK skills
- Previous experience with Substance Designer
- Experience working with VR/XR
Dark Slope Studios is a cutting edge XR Studio focused on XR Gaming, Animation Production, Virtual Production, and tools for Enterprise Training. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25+ people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. Come join our growing team to work together creating state of the art 3D animated content!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: commensurate with experience
We are working remotely due to COVID-19. When it’s safe to do so, we may return to the office. This would only be asked when it is deemed safe and with appropriate
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.