Dark Slope Studios is looking for an experienced 3D Modeler to work with our art & animation teams to bring to life a mystical game for the Oculus Quest 2!
As a 3D Modeler at Dark Slope you will guide, design, & develop innovative games & interactive experiences in VR.
- Model appealing production friendly characters and environmental elements based on 2D concept art for real-time rendering
- Identify problems in 2D designs and provide well thought out solutions
- Use 3d modeling software to re-topologize sculpted objects optimally for rigging, texturing, and animation
- Work with rigger to generate blend shapes and corrective-pose shapes
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- Attend meetings and reviews as necessary
- Incorporate feedback from Art Lead into models
- Keep current on modeling techniques and technology and propose new tools/methodologies
- 2+ years experience working as a 3D Modeler
- Extensive knowledge in subdivision-modeling polygonal objects, using Maya, Zbrush, and/or art packages
- Demonstrate a strong ability to understand and interpret 2D Designs in 3D
- The ideal candidate would have strong practical and digital sculpting skills
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Familiarity with Autodesk ShotGrid is an asset
- Strong 2D skills is an asset
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto-based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Television, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25+ people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’, VR LBE free-roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties! Visit www.darkslopestudios.com for more information.
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.