Toronto, ON (Remote in Canada)
Dark Slope Studios is looking for an Art Director to help us evolve our artistic vision for a mystical environmental exploration title for Oculus Quest 2. As Art Director, you will drive the artistic vision of a game to create an immersive experience for players around the world. This is a key role in which you will work with the Creative Director and Producer in conjunction with our co-production partners to realize the core aesthetic of the experience.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and empathetic leader. Your artistic vision and stellar leadership skills will contribute directly to the success of the game.
This is a position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Work with the producer and creative team to define the artistic vision and tone of the game
- Establish the visual style of the game, balancing artistic vision with technical constraints
- Confirm anticipated scope & support the team in creating the production plan
- Coordinate and lead the art team through to the Vertical Slice, including disseminating information and feedback to artists and other team members
- Present art vision, concepts and assets to stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Motivate the art team throughout the project, problem solving when needed
- Participate in hiring art team members and fostering their artistic and personal development
- Proven leadership experience in the gaming industry
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, 3D software (e.g. Maya) and Unreal Engine
- Creative, collaborative, and empathetic leadership style
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Ability to give and accept feedback, and adapt to it
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
Reporting to: Producer/Product Owner
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Animation, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25 people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new VR titles!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com.