Toronto, ON (Remote)
Dark Slope is looking for a Level Designer to work on a mystical environmental exploration title for Oculus Quest 2!
In this role you will create immersive gameplay that enhances the core mechanics and creative vision of the game. You ensure balance between game aesthetics and technical limitations, and contribute greatly to the final game.
This is a full-time position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Collaborate with the art, design, animation and programming team members to develop unique and interesting game environments
- Interpret the original concept of the game as briefed by the Creative Designer
- Work from storyboards to create the level structure, sketching and mapping each level including entry and exit points and sequences of action within the level
- Document assets, objectives and layout of each level
- Render each level to 3D environment
- Determine where the player will encounter characters & objects within the level
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- 3+ years experience as a games Level Designer and significant contribution to shipped titles
- Deep understanding of gameplay, game development processes and game engagement
- Understanding of Unreal Engine and Blueprint programming, and other map designing and editing packages
- Problem-solving ability and unique storytelling skills
- Excellent visualization skills combined with good spatial and layout design skills
- Good sense of aesthetics, design, colors and an eye for composition
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- Degree in Game Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Reporting to: Producer/Product Owner
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ ,VR LBE free roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.