Full-time, Permanent or Contract
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner/Producer to drive the next great innovation in gaming and experiences. Dark Slope has exciting plans to build a sci-fi mobile game that leverages A/R and geo-localization for gameplay.
The candidate must have a passion for mobile games, and proven experience working on A/R mobile game experiences. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, have enough technical understanding to set achievable expectations, and who are comfortable managing schedules across multiple time zones.
This is a full-time position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Oversee an internal and external team of artists and developers.
- Lead technical program management for projects that break new ground
- Day-to-day decision-making and leadership for internal teams and external partnerships
- Collaborate with creative development team to define product expectations and enhancements
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end project plans and own their timely delivery, working a closely with a Production Manager/Scrum Master
- Liaise with clients, external delivery partners and internal team members to provide updates, demonstrations
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- 5+ years experience in managing video game products with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team
- Strong ability to scope out project needs; estimate developer and art task scopes
- Experience shipping at least 2 software products built in Unreal Engine and/or similar game engines from pre-production through to live
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Ontario
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience in platform and ecosystem products, as well as experience with marketplaces
- Product leadership in crafting emerging experiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Reporting to: Studio President
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Animation, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25 people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties! Visit www.darkslope.com for more information.
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com.