Dark Slope Studios is building a social and community driven games platform that will inspire competition and creativity for players all around the world. We want to build a future where people can meet in a metaverse to express, share, and play like never before.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner and/or Producer to drive the next great innovation in social gaming and experiences.
The candidate must have a passion for virtual worlds, and proven experience working on competitive and socially driven online experiences. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, have enough technical understanding to set achievable expectations, and who are comfortable managing schedules across multiple time zones.
What’s the day to day?
- Oversee an internal and external team of artists and developers.
- Lead technical program management for projects that break new ground
- Day-to-day decision-making and leadership for internal teams and external partnerships
- Collaborate with creative development team to define product expectations and enhancements
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end project plans and own their timely delivery
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
What’s your experience?
- 5+ years experience in managing complex software products with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team
- A very good ability to scope out project needs; estimate developer task scope
- Experience shipping at least 2 software products built in Unreal Engine and/or similar game engines from pre-production through to live
- Product leadership in crafting emerging experiences
- Experience in platform and ecosystem products, as well as experience with marketplaces
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field (a benefit)
Where We Work
Dark Slope Studios is located in Toronto (The Junction) at a 8000 sq foot studio featuring a large motion capture facility. Just minutes away from Dundas West Station, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
This role is flexible and can be performed remotely. We have an excellent workflow that includes remote directing tools to ensure the safety of our staff, particularly during the pandemic.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
Design for Wow
Work for Teamwork
Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Reference ID: Metaverse PO
Expected Start Date: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $86,469.00-$162,866.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Product owner or Producer : 5 years (Preferred)