Full-time, Permanent, Remote in Canada
We’re looking for an experienced Producer to work on a mystical environmental exploration title for Oculus Quest 2! Our ideal candidate is passionate about games, and is an excellent collaborator with experience in a lead production role in video games.
We are looking for an individual who excels in organization, has exceptional communication abilities, has the technical understanding to set achievable expectations, and who is comfortable working with schedules across multiple time zones.
This candidate will partner with the Production Manager to liaise with internal/external stakeholders and external vendors, and connect with the team to support them in delivering our next amazing VR gameplay experience!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is eligible for employee health/dental benefits, learning fund and stock options. We are providing a competitive salary, based on level of experience. Dark Slope is a fast-growing company with an incredible culture throughout our top-notch global team.
This is a full-time position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Work with team to establish and track a milestone schedule and goals
- Partner with the Production Manager/team to build and maintain ecient processes (such as standups, planning, and reviews) and manage Jira projects and Confluence spaces
- Support internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information to and from stakeholders and proactively addressing any questions or concerns
- Develop and update budgets, making decisions based on costs and benefits
- Foster a safe, positive, collaborative, creative and motivated culture within the studio and team
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and work to address any questions or concerns within the scope of resources & schedule, with respect to the design vision
- Liaise with QA team to ensure the proper quality assurance testing of the deliverables
- Support the development of internal and external progress reports & presentations
- Collaborate and manage the human resource planning, hiring and development of the team
- Contribute ideas, improvements and solutions to the team, product, and studio
- 3+ years of experience using Agile methodologies in the games industry, preferably with 2+ years as a Producer or Associate Producer
- Strong organizational, administrative and project management skills
- Calm and positive disposition, and solutions-oriented in the face of conflict
- Understanding of how to work eectively in an environment with diverse personalities and work styles, including previous experience working with clients
- Ability to take initiative and establish priorities
- Experience implementing new problem-solving processes, managing workflow, interpersonal conflict/discussion and ensuring teams have what they need to succeed
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Jira, Confluence, Word and Excel
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Canada
Bonus/Useful Skills & Experience
- Past shipped AAA PC and / or console games
- Experience with VR or AR production processes or VR/AR in general
- Previous experience working in another discipline such as programming, art, design
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto-based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Animation, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25+ people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’, VR LBE free roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’, Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties! Visit www.darkslopestudios.com for more information.
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.