Dark Slope is seeking multiple Production Managers to assist us in moving forward our upcoming VR projects. We are looking for someone who has experience in producing video games in agile environments. Holding an understanding of scrum methodology is valuable for this role.
This candidate will partner with our Producer/PO, connecting them to the team and supporting them in liaising with stakeholders and external vendors.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is eligible for employee health/dental benefits, and learning funds. We are providing a competitive salary, based on level of experience. Dark Slope is a fast-growing company with an incredible culture throughout our top-notch global team.
This is a full-time, permanent position with work from home options available until we can return to the office.
- Participate in defining project content deliverables and milestones, organize and coordinate the activities and resources necessary to the production process
- Act as scrum master to lead daily standup meetings and organize sprint planning with the project team, ensuring accomplishment of deliverables reflects what was planned
- Assist the team in identifying and resolving blockers to progress: Implement new problem-solving processes, manage workflow, interpersonal conflict/discussion and ensure the teams have the necessary equipment and technical support
- Support internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information with a customer service-oriented approach
- Support the development of internal and external progress reports
- Ensure the proper quality assurance testing of the deliverables
- Complete special projects as needed or requested
- 1+ years of experience managing software development using scrum
- Strong organizational, administrative and project management skills
- Top notch communication skills and problem solving aptitude
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with diverse personalities and work styles, including previous experience working with clients
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Jira, Confluence, Word and Excel
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Ontario
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience or certification in Agile practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Experience with VR and AR production processes or VR and AR in general
- Strong research skills and analytical aptitude
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team of passionate, collaborative people to help us create our next batch of exciting new VR titles!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
While currently we are largely operating from home, we look forward to returning to our 8,000 square feet newly renovated motion capture stage and office facility in the Junction district, when the time is right. We are located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com.