Dark Slope is seeking a Production Manager to assist us in moving forward on upcoming motion capture television production! This candidate will liaise with our live action production partners, our motion capture production team, our game development team, animation artists and external VFX partner.
We are looking for someone who has experience working in television on live-action reality projects or in VFX. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to do something never before seen and make a big impact. This is a 12 week contract starting immediately.
This is a position with a hybrid work environment, involving in-person and work from home.
- Participate in defining project content deliverables and milestones, organize and coordinate the activities and resources necessary to the production process
- Lead daily standup meetings and organize sprint planning with the project team, ensuring accomplishment of deliverables reflects what was planned
- Assist the team in identifying and resolving blockers to progress: ordering hardware, managing workflow, and preparing production schedules
- Support internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Product Manage R&D trials
- Production Management on a live action broadcast production (preferably motion capture) or alternatively as a VFX PM
- Strong organizational, administrative and project management skills
- Top notch communication skills and problem solving aptitude
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with diverse personalities and work styles, including previous experience working with clients
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Jira, Confluence, Word and Excel
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Toronto
Useful Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Reality Television Production
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Experience with VR production processes or VR in general
- Strong research skills and analytical aptitude
Reporting to: Executive Producer/Product Owner
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ ,VR LBE free roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.