Toronto, ON (Remote in Canada)
Dark Slope Studios is seeking Senior UE4 Game Developers with a passion for building compelling XR games & experiences. Our opportunities are on major 3 projects: a mystical environmental exploration title for Oculus Quest 2, and a sci-fi location-based VR project for a Hollywood IP.
We are looking for systems-oriented individuals to support both projects, therefore experience in C++ development in the Unreal Engine is crucial.
Our developers work on small teams, and have lots of responsibility and are recognized for their incredible work. This is a great opportunity for developers looking to have creative input and to play an important role on a project.
This is a full-time position with remote and work from home options available.
- Develop backend systems to support the functionality of games and ensure their integration (engine, gameplay, AI, sound, animation, FX etc.)
- Collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance
- Ensure timely and high-quality modular software development, including code reviews and testing
- Independently implement complex components of interactive applications
- 5+ years of C++ development in the Unreal Engine
- Good understanding of VR gameplay technologies and interaction
- Thorough understanding of UE4 architecture and preferred pipelines
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Ability to work on a team, preferably in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Legally authorized to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- VR 3 point avatars
- Behaviour Trees
- Experience with mobile Oculus Quest platform
Reporting to: Producer/Product Owner
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ ,VR LBE free roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team of passionate, collaborative game developers to help us create our next batch of exciting new VR titles!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.