Dark Slope Studios is a cutting edge XR Studio focused on XR Games & Experiences, and we want you to join us. Our growing team of 30 people works together creating state of the art XR games, experiences, and virtual productions in our amazing 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto (The Junction). Dark Slope Studios has established itself in the XR space with the launch of several VR Games such Scarygirl Mission Maybee for Zero Latency and Slugterra for the Hologate platform. We have several new games being developed for VR consumer and LBE markets and are looking to build teams for each project. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
Join our team at Dark Slope as an experienced senior Unreal Engine developer with a focus on implementing kick-ass gameplay. We’re looking for a candidate with experience working on commercially shipped games, is self-directed, and excellent at collaborating across disciplines. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building compelling XR games & experiences.
This is a full-time position with remote and work from home options available.Responsibilities
- Develop innovative XR games & experiences
- Develop systems to support the functionality of games and ensure their integration (engine, gameplay, AI, sound, animation, FX etc.)
- Collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance
- Ensure timely and high-quality modular software development, including code reviews and testing
- Independently implement complex components of interactive applications
- Advise less experienced developers regarding their implementation approaches
- 5 years of game development experience with 2 or more commercial launches
- 3+ years of C++ development in the Unreal Engine
- Good understanding of gameplay technologies with the ability to apply technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, AI to implement performance aware gameplay features
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers and producers to quickly deliver gameplay feature prototypes
- A keen eye on modular, maintainable code and smart approaches for system architectures
- Thorough understanding of UE4 architecture and preferred workflows
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and optimized code
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency in and knowledge of object-oriented programming in C++
- Experience with the development of client-server multiplayer games
- Perforce version control and code review processes
- Experience with agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Multiplayer networking in UE4
- Experience with GPU / CPU optimization techniques and approaches
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience with spatialized computing platforms like AR / VR- Oculus, SteamVR, Playstation VR, Windows Mixed Reality, HoloLens, MagicLeap….
- Experience with Niagra Particles
- Experience with Unreal Chaos Physics
- Experience with VR 3 point avatars
- Experience with Behaviour Trees
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self-managing initiative, we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working, and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation our company is built upon. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $77,337.00-$147,675.00 per year
We are working remotely due to COVID-19. When it’s safe to do so, we may return to the office. The nature of our work (LBE) may require some in-person work. This would only be asked when it is deemed safe and with appropriate measures.
- C++: 3 years (Preferred)
- Game Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Unreal Engine: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)