Remote in Canada
Dark Slope Studios is building the Metaverse; the intersection of games, film, and VR. We are looking for an experienced Technical Animator / Rigger / Character TD to work with our art and animation teams to bring the Metaverse to life in the Unreal Engine.
As a Technical Animator at Dark Slope you will guide, design, and develop innovative game and interactive experiences using your knowledge and expertise in rigging, skinning and motion capture technologies.
This is a remote position.
- Design, create, test and maintain character/creature animation control rigs
- Create and maintain animation systems in unreal (animation Blueprints)
- Develop techniques to optimize character deformations
- Collaborate with artists on technical requirements of characters
- Work with animators to iterate on character control systems
- Building pipeline tools to optimize art and animation workflows
- Debugging animation related day to day issues
- Cloth, Physics and Ragdoll knowledge
- Skinning & Rigging
- Strong knowledge of Maya and MotionBuilder
- Strong knowledge of Unreal
- Experience creating animation control rigs and skinning characters in Games / TV / Film / VFX
- Tools development experience skills using: Mel, Python, Maya API
- Experience using cloth simulation systems
- Experience working with Motion Capture data
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience developing animations systems for VR
- Experience in writing Maya Plugins
- C++ Experience
- Experience with Unreal’s Control Rig
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.