Remote in Canada
Dark Slope is seeking a Technical Artist to work on several stimulating projects! The ideal candidate will have prior technical artist experience in animation or video games. As a Technical Artist, you will contribute to the success of our production teams and our projects by maximizing the visual fidelity while staying within the technical constraints. We are looking for someone who is an excellent collaborator, with a broad base of art and technical knowledge.
Please be sure to include a portfolio of relevant work in your application.
This is a position with remote and work from home options available. We are looking to hire someone located anywhere in Canada.
- Design, and develop visual assets optimized for performance gains (including materials, textures and shaders), while maintaining visual fidelity
- Develop lighting setups and troubleshoot issues
- Design FX and particle systems to be used in engine
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new visual features, including game demonstrations/user testing
- Collaborate with artists to visualize design concepts and prototypes
- Be proactive in defining and maintaining asset workflows, structure, and production standards in an agile environment
- 2+ years of experience with Unreal Engine in a similar role
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer
- Ability to author functional and efficient materials
- Knowledge of lighting technique
- Strong knowledge of fundamental art concepts
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience in VR or user-generated content
- Understanding of game engine features in video games
- Able to use and modify scripts in various languages (MEL/Python/Blueprints/C++)
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Capacity to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.