Dark Slope Studios is seeking a Technical Director to join us in delivering the next generation of multi-user entertainment experiences!
This role is critical to the success of the company, and will contribute by growing and leading the technical capabilities of our production teams to deliver on key VR and AR projects. The technical director will be responsible for supporting studio programmers and technical requirements across multiple games to help build exciting experiences. As a leader you will foster a safe and inclusive work environment for the entire tech discipline and contribute to the company culture. Our director will also focus on building the infrastructure for Dark Slope’s Metaverse.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is eligible for employee health/dental benefits, learning fund and stock options. We are providing a competitive salary, based on level of experience. Dark Slope is a fast-growing company with an incredible culture throughout our top-notch global team.
This is a permanent position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Provide technical direction on project decisions, determine technology and infrastructure best suited for each project
- Understanding project briefs and work alongside producers, product owners and team members to develop plans, schedules, and targets as required during the project
- Analyzing and changing processes to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness, creating best practices for all projects and the business unit
- Communicate with internal teams (including leadership), clients and other stakeholders and facilitate communication between internal teams
- Assist in resourcing, recruiting and employee development to build the project teams
- Support Producer/PO in maintaining team morale and managing/evaluating performance, providing constructive feedback when needed
- Lead and Manage external development teams
- Setup and grow the internal programming team
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in the games industry, and experience in a similar role
- Significant understanding of Unreal Engine architecture, C++, Multiplayer, Build Systems, Cross Platform development, packaging, continuous deployment, and commercial deployment to consumer app stores
- Experience in at least one shipped GAAS product
- Exceptional management, problem solving and communication skills.Previous experience on working with Unreal Engine game engine and understanding of its mechanics
- 5+ years Progressional C++ programming skills and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent.
- Interest in persistent worlds, multiplayer and cloud computing.
- Passion for VR/AR and games.
- Candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada are preferred, but our first priority is hiring the best people we can find.
Reporting to: CTO and Studio President
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto-based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Television, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25+ people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’, VR LBE free-roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties! Visit www.darkslopestudios.com for more information.
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.