Remote in Canada
Dark Slope Studios is looking for a UI/UX Artist with games experience to work on several projects! As our UI/UX Artist, you will design the look, layout, feel, functionality and features of video game projects we are developing.
To succeed in this role, experience working with video games is key. You will be working with many different team members, and be expected to seek and incorporate feedback in your work.
Please be sure to include a portfolio of relevant work in your application.
This is a contract position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office. We are looking to hire someone located anywhere in Canada.
- Design the game’s visual and functional user experience with design directions and specifications that support an iterative development and prototyping
- Work with product owners, art team and developers to deliver a coherent project vision from concept through to execution
- Generate design artifacts (user stories, ideation sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, task flows, storyboards and prototypes) to support the communication, evaluation and implementation of new design solutions
- Assist in customer research and analytics activities, to outline present conditions and gain insights into future areas of development
- Present designs to wide range of audiences including users, management, engineering and quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX Artist in the games industry
- A portfolio of digital and web design showcasing your ability to translate ideas into features that are optimized for video games
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD and Adobe creative suite software
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent at seeking and incorporating feedback from stakeholders into work
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, other relevant fields, or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- Familiarity and enthusiasm with immersive technology (AR, VR, XR)
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’ VR LBE free roam VR experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.