Dark Slope is a cutting edge studio focused on tools for XR Enterprise Training solutions, XR Gaming, and Real-Time Virtual Production. Our growing team of 20 people work together creating state of the art spatial application software in our amazing 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto. Dark Slope Studios has established itself in the XR space with the launch of Scary Girl, an LBE free-roam VR experience, and is now expanding into new market opportunities in virtual production and enterprise solutions.
Dark Slope is seeking an experienced senior Unreal Engine 4 developer to join our growing development team. We are looking for a programmer with experience shipping products professionally, who is self-directed and excellent at collaborating across disciplines. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building exciting XR experiences and has significant experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
This is a full-time position with the option to work REMOTE or from our Toronto studio.
- Architect holistic platform development across multiple services and applications
- Prototype custom IDE’s and tools for enterprise application use cases
- Research and development of innovative XR experiences
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance
- Ensure timely and high-quality modular software development
- Collaborate with the whole team to achieve project goals
- Independently implement complex components of interactive applications
- Advise less experienced developers regarding their implementation approaches
- Broaden your horizon by exploring up-and-coming relevant technologies and radiate your knowledge within the team
- 5 years game development experience with 2 or more commercial launches.
- 2+ years of C++ development in the Unreal Engine
- A keen eye on modular maintainable code and smart approaches for system architectures
- Thorough understanding of UE4 architecture and preferred workflows
- Perforce version control and code review processes
- Experience with agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Multiplayer networking in UE4
- Experience with game-art optimization techniques
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience with AR / VR, Oculus, SteamVR, Windows Mixed Reality, HoloLens, Magic Leap
- Build server and Swarm pipeline setup
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional. As we continue down this amazing adventure, we are looking for whip smart and creative go-getters who want to make a profound impact on what we’re building to join our amazing team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits: Extended health care, Dental care, Vacation & paid time off, Bonus scheme
Expected start date: 2020-08-10
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Freelance, Permanent
Additional pay: Bonus Pay
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Unreal Engine: 2 years (Required)
Work remotely: Yes